Saturday, November 30, 2013

our day for little bean





oh my last weekend was wonderful! it was my baby shower for little bean!! my amazing friends threw it for me. my bestie andrea flew out from atlanta (it's her third time this year coming out) to throw it for me. it was such a special day. i am very lucky to have friends like andrea, bobbie, and margaret. 

the decorations were beautiful, the food was so yummy.  there was a variety of things like mini quiche, bacon, meat pies from portos bakery , yogurt parfait, french toast with cups to dip syrup into, and donuts.  if you know me, i love donuts.  they have to be my most favorite food on earth. so so yummy.  any whoo, on top of having delish food there was fun games as well.  one where everyone got to guess the size of my belly by cutting a piece of string.  my sweet friend ruby who owns the blog westside mommy ended up winning the game.  probably because we are pretty much the same size. there was also a hilarious game that andrea threw together.  she cut up eyes, noses, and mouths from different pictures of my hubs and i so that people could mix and match them to make what they would think baby watson would look like.  some of them were so funny, and others were terrifying. i will put some at the end of the post so you can see people's creations.  

another fun thing that ended up being a total surprise was a photobooth!!! so creative! they set it up in one of the rooms at bobbie's place, and it was so fun to take pictures in there! i ended up getting a photo with everyone which is good. a very sweet way to remember my baby shower. 

thank you again andrea, bobbie and margaret. you all are so wonderful. and thank you to everyone that came.  you all got us such special things.  we love all of you!















also, here is the picture of the food table...


and i don't believe we have announced it yet, but yes, robert is what we are naming our little bean.  we are naming him after my father.  i am lucky to have such an amazing dad, and i hope i am half the parent that he is.  

my niece also took some great shots of me opening gifts. i don't want to post them all so that i don't bore people with pictures. but here are a few.














No comments:

Post a Comment