Thursday, October 31, 2013

29 week scare.

one of my biggest fears with pregnancy happened yesterday.  no fetal movement all day.  being 29 weeks pregnant and use to him kicking all the time, then all of a sudden feeling nothing was scary and heart breaking.  pretty much all day i chugged glasses of ice cold water, orange juice (which i also put ice cubes in ), i tried eating sweets, a big meal, shaking my belly around, and laying real still for an hour at a time multiple times and nothing.  he just wasn't budging.  

so around 4pm, i gave up and called my OB's office.  i told her everything i had done to try and wake him up and she suggested that i go in to my hospitals L&D department to have a NST done.  so i headed in and arrived around 4:45pm and was hooked up to monitors right away.  of course that's when he started finally moving.  but to be safe they kept me there for a few hours to make sure he was really okay.  they monitored his heart, checked the fluids, as well as made sure he was practicing breathing on his own.  and it turned out everything was great, and all the nurses said he was perfect.  

as for today everything is great.  my little man is moving around like crazy! i guess yesterday was just a day where he had a very late start with moving.  guess he's trying to keep me on my toes!


No comments:

Post a Comment